2.07.2012

San Diego

Lucky for us.. we were invited on a quick trip to SAN DIEGO with some of the Petersons.  
This was our first experience on an airplane with 2 kids.. thank goodness we had 3 extra adults to help us.  
I don't think we would have made it through the airport with all our luggage.  

 Mauri's first plane ride!


 Redd hadn't been on a plane for a while, so it was kind of like a first time for him.  He wanted to sit by the window, watch the Turtle movie grandma gave him, and most of all.. order a Sprite!! (I'm pretty sure that was all he drank the whole trip.. when I told him he had to drink something else.. he said, "Ok, I'll get root beer!)

We absolutely LOVED Sea World!
I hadn't been there since I was a kid so it was all new to me too!

Redd and the cousins got to feed the sea lions!
 Cal & Redd
 Tessa & Redd
 Grandpa & Mauri


 Redd & Owen at one of the shows.
I think all of us loved the Dolphin show the best!
Grandma & Grandpa gave each of the kids some money to buy a souvenir. Redd picked his 2 favorite Sea World animals, a penguin & a shark.  Mauri got Waddles the penguin & a super fun Bubble Gun to share with her brother!  

The other day in San Diego we went on a tour of the USS Midway an Aircraft Carrier and took a ferry over to Coronado Island.

 Tessa, Judd, Mauri & Redd

After lunch the boys found a nice grassy spot to play a quick game of football

 Redd wanted the ball SO bad.. so when he finally got to run with it, he was super pumped!
And of course he scored a touchdown despite being touched multiple times on the way to the endzone!

 Redd thought the sand was pretty cool, he even made a Sand Angel!

 Our little Mauri was such a trooper.. she had a double ear infection this whole trip, but unless you were sleeping with her, you would have never known it! 

We had such a great time! Redd absolutely adores his older cousins & he loved every minute of being with them.. especially playing "Charge the Stinky" and attacking aunt Joni in the morning!

So grateful we have such a fun family to hang out with! 



1 comment:

  1. Looks like sooooo much fun!!!! Glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete